and headed to the plaza for the night {the whole night}
to celebrate our 2nd anniversary.
now, if you live in kc you realize that the plaza is approximately 7 minutes from our house.
but we decided to make up a different life for ourselves for 24 hours and pretend we were on a real vacation.
here's our story accompanied with a few pictures of our alternate life vacation.
names: roddick & sam taylor {there was a time in my life that i really wanted to marry someone with the last name taylor...i just think it sounds so cute}
hometown: nashville, tn
children: not yet
pets: one gray great dane named rufus
occupations:
roddick - head bartender at a local bar. he has just created a new drink that is all the rage in nashville.
sam - up and coming country singer whose style is a mix between carrie underwood & lady gaga
met: in college
vacationing in kansas city: to see all of the fountains
while on vacation we:
enjoyed drinks and appetizers at brio.
celebrated with a wonderful steak dinner at chaz.
slept fabulously {all night long with no interruptions!} at the intercontinental hotel overlooking the plaza.
shopped around the plaza after brunch at the classic cup.
roddick & sam taylor thoroughly enjoyed their vacation in kansas city.
clay & kristin fulghum thoroughly enjoyed their overnight adventure at the plaza.


10 comments:
I LOVE it Sam! You two are hilarious=) Glad you guys got away for a nice vacation!
Happy anniversary!
Hmmmmmm...interesting.
This is hilarious. Love it! I need to make Jacob be silly like this with me!
Fun post, Kristin. :)
So fun! You are so cute. I am glad you got to get away and relax, sleep and spend time with your hubby!
You're so cute. I love it! Looks like you had a great time. I'm a big fan of "staycations".
You are so funny! Alex and I spend the night at a local hotel, just to 'get away' from everything for a night, every so often...it's always fun. :)
And I love Kansas City. Have been there once...the shopping was fab...need to go back.
Happy Anniversary to you and your hubs!
Happy Belated Anniversary! I'm so sorry I didn't get a card in the mail. Shame on me :(. p.s. good choice of fake last name :)
well you should have dressed up different too. like maybe goth? hahahaha.
happy anniversary!
This Cracks me up... My husband and I are from KC and actually got engaged after dinner at Brio! The funny part is that we moved accross the country to San Diego and are having a local "staycation" for our anniversary this Saturday... We're staying downtown and pretending we on vacation. Glad someone else had this idea too!
Post a Comment