Wednesday, February 2, 2011

piNwHeeLs aNd peArLs

on saturday we had leighton's birthday party.
*note, please do not be offended if you didn't get invited...
being born in january means everyone has to fit in your house for the party.
so, we had a small party for our little one year old.

the birthday girl


the theme was pinwheels and pearls
idea found here


the food was simple
cupcakes, pinwheel starbursts, popcorn and chex mix


leighton's first look at the birthday cake


so delicious!


there were lots of gifts!


and the kids were cute.
the girls were all sporting their pinwheel hair clips.


it was such a special day.
we are thankful for our family that traveled here to celebrate
and all of our friends that joined the fun.
happy birthday leighton gale!

post signature

13 comments:

ang said...

So fun! Love the color scheme :)

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

Happy Birthday pretty girl!

I'm so glad you didn't quit blogging. Even though I'm a lurker I am inspired by your monthly posts to your little girl and by many other things. Keep at it!

audrey said...

that was a HUGE cake for the birthday girl! loved all the decor...you're so freakin' snazzy!

Jill said...

I LOVE this party!! Did you make the pinwheels? I've seen where you can order them but would love to know how to make them.

1. Love her shirt that she's wearing for the cake - with the pearls. :)

2. Love the pinwheel hairclips.

3. Love the pitures hanging from the mantel.

4. Love the pearls around her cake.

Just love it all. Great party!!

Jami Nato said...

adorable! i'm so mad i wasn't invited. seriously. not really. i love it all...what a great memory!

Gran said...

So glad the first birthday party was such a huge success. Looks like she was having lots of fun. Thanks for your call the day after, giving us the good news. We love you guys so very much.

Leah J. said...

What an adorable party idea! LOVED all of it! Especially the BIRTHDAY GIRL! Cutie pie!

Erin said...

Cutesy party theme ever. Seriously. And what a cutie, too!!!!

bethany said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! Girl you are so creative!!

Kelli said...

That is a GREAT idea for a party! So precious and I LOVE the alliteration!!

PS - I want to see a picture of the pinwheel shirt that I heard about! :)

Sarah Beth said...

CUTE!!!! Love all the pearls!

annalee said...

if you only knew how many times i have come to your blog and looked at these pictures this week. instant pick-me-up:) well done my friend. every detail was adorably perfect! love you.

Pam said...

What an adorable birthday party! I love the theme... it's so unique. My BFF recommended your blog... I'm a new follower. :)