Saturday, April 18, 2009

ouR hoUsE

so in case you missed it, we bought a house. we are moved in, unpacked and are getting settled. because i am worried my mom is going to disown me, i have posted some pics for your viewing pleasure.

i would like to preface this post by saying, we have not hung anything yet and i am not a good photographer...basically it looks much cuter in person and we still have a lot of work to do.

here ya go.

the living room

this is the room you walk directly into when you enter the house. this is actually our "formal" living room. mainly for looks. the room was already a pretty light green color so we didn't have to do anything to it. we just need a rug...if stinkin' pottery barn would ever put the one i want on sale.



















the dining room/kitchen

this is one of the areas that really sold us on the house. the kitchen/dining room/family room are all fairly open...as open as a house from 1956 gets. this room was all white and the wall in the dining room was wallpaper. we removed the wallpaper and painted the whole area gray. one of my favorite features of the house is the open shelving so i can show off all my fiestaware! we are planning on redoing the backsplash.



















the family room

this room is super comfy. you can't tell from the pics, but the ceiling is a really light turquoise. the room also has a gas fireplace, which i am obsessed with.




















the guest bedrooom

this room was a light yellow, with a hideous ceiling fan. my dad changed the ceiling fan and we painted it a dark blue.


the master bedroom/bathroom

this room was already painted a fabulous dark teal shade that we love. the previous owners redid the tiny little bathroom. it has toile wallpaper and great little additions. it's small, but we love it.






















we also have a cutie screened in porch and a great patio/backyard that i did not include pictures of. don't worry, once we stop getting random freezes here, we will plant some flowers and i'll post some pics. fortunately for you, i also did not include pictures of the office or the 50's style, pink bathroom. the office turned out a horrible shade of green and it is currently the "throw everything we don't know what to do with" room.

from looking at the pictures, i realize that i really need to hang things on the walls. don't worry, i'm certain that when i tell my mom about new additions to the house, she will hound me to post pictures. so you may just be lucky enough to get to watch as our little home becomes cuter and cuter. i know, you're thrilled.

so there it is. our cozy, little casa. we love it and feel very blessed to be homeowners.


Photobucket

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable! Congratulations. It looks so cozy and homey already!!

CASEY said...

Very cute! Looks like a "home sweet home"! Congrats!

the thorntons said...

Oooh! I love it! I always wish for an older house with some character. I love what you've done so far and can't wait to see pictures of the progress. Happy Homeownership! :)

Natalie said...

Kristin-I love it! Y'all have done so much already and it looks fabulous! I love the color of your bedroom walls and the bedding in the guest room!

Melissa said...

It looks so cute! I can't wait to come and stay in the guest room. I love the yellow tables that will go with my bed! There are several ideas that I am totally stealing if I ever get a house!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...you guys have done a great job with it:) And you're right, it's very cute and cozy in person.

Sarah D. said...

Lev! The house is SUPER cute! I can't wait to see it!

(My cousin is moving to KC in May... so I'll for sure be making a trip up there sometime!!)

Sara S. said...

What a beautiful home! It looks so comfortable and trendy! My favs are the living room (and cute green fireplace) and master bedroom. Yes, PB does need to have a sale on their rugs. Even with their sales---they are still like a bizillion dollars!

Great job on the decorating!

Lauren said...

Your home is precious, Kristin! I know you and Clay are enjoying it. Many blessings to you in your new place :)

Sarah Beth said...

Kristin! Love the house!! You have done a really great job making it a home! I also love the colors you chose for the walls! I see your touches everywhere!

Heather said...

It does look so cozy and inviting! I love it!!! Congrats, it is super cute, I can't wait to see more pictures!

terri eggers fulghum said...

Where are the pictures of the Kermit the frog room? ;)
Just kidding- I love it and can't wait to sit our on your screened in porch now that the weather is warming up!

Jessica said...

I'm obsessed. Kristin your decor is always an inspiration to me. :)

I LOVE the yellow and white chair!!! Where'd you get that one. It wasn't in our house, that's for sure.

hannah said...

Congrats! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love your house! You did a great job decorating!

Kristen said...

Now the BLAB definitely needs to make another trip to the KC! I love love love it. And wouldn't have expected nothing short of your cutie patootie decorating. Perfection. Congrats! Miss you Levroso!

Mere Ware said...

Super cute! You are a fabulous decorator! Congrats on your first house,