so, as you know, i've recently been obsessed with ice water.
now i have always been a water no ice person, mainly because i hate condensation. don't get me wrong i'm not completely prejudiced against this part of the water cycle...i really like a rainy, lazy day every now and then or even a good snow on occasion.
now i have always been a water no ice person, mainly because i hate condensation. don't get me wrong i'm not completely prejudiced against this part of the water cycle...i really like a rainy, lazy day every now and then or even a good snow on occasion.
however, when it comes to my beverage container of choice, i do not appreciate condensation.
not one bit.
i hate that it drips on your clothes.
i hate that it gets your hands all wet.
i hate that it leaves a ring on any surface.
i hate that it leaves a ring on any surface.
i hate that when you pick up the cup, the coaster comes with it.
i hate condensation.
you can only imagine my predicament when this whole ice water pregnancy craving hit.
a pretty glass couldn't cut it.
a camelback couldn't cut it.
a nalgene couldn't even cut it.
then one day i discovered something that did cut it.
a sonic styrofoam cup.
but i mean how many times can you reuse a sonic cup before it's just gross and getting a new one every day...i mean i just couldn't do that to the environment.
lucky for me, some genius person or persuasive advertisement introduced me to this...

the tervis tumbler.
it's got the double layer insulation feature.
a lid.
a straw.
and 24 ounces of non condensing goodness.
it keeps my ice water nice and icy.
i'm in love.
i want to purchase a whole monogrammed set.
now if i can only figure out a way to get an ice maker in my classroom...i'll be set.
a lid.
a straw.
and 24 ounces of non condensing goodness.
it keeps my ice water nice and icy.
i'm in love.
i want to purchase a whole monogrammed set.
now if i can only figure out a way to get an ice maker in my classroom...i'll be set.
you can find your own tervis tumbler many places, but mine is from good old bed bath and beyond. $12.99. don't forget your 20% off coupon.


14 comments:
Yay for the tervis tumbler post! I'm adding it to my wish list...
Ooh, it does look perfect! Please tell me where you got it! And is the straw like a sonic straw or is it a hard straw?
Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl - I HAVE to have a sonic drink every morning. I HATE condensation....I HATE it when my papers get wet on my desk..and my hands...ugh, it's awful. I pretty much told James to put an extra $30 in the monthly budget...no exceptions. I'd forgo a gym membership for my sonic diet cokes in the morning. I hear ya!
Kristin,
I started reading this post and thought to myself, "I should introduce Kristin to my Tervis Tumbler."
By the end, I discovered you were one step ahead of me. I'm sipping from one now.
Aren't they great?
Jess
You are so funny! So glad you found the cup that changed your life!! And of course I have been thinking about you too when I'm saying my prayers for the teachers! Especially you with that little precious in your belly! I know you are an amazing teacher and I know some days are hard, but if I knew I had a teacher praying for my kiddos....oh how sweet that would be. That's why I would choose you anyday! And then I would choose Lynch to teach them fluent Spanish. :) XOXO
Love your tumbler, so cute and I love your posts. I hate condensation too, and I don't get how these girls really go to sonic everyday? Who has the time or the money to go everyday? Hope you are feeling great!
I've been having condensation issues, ever since we stopped doing the whole bottled water thing...I think I'm going to have to jump on the Tervis Tumbler bandwagon asap.
I'm with you on condensation! A place you forgot to mention is when it gets in the car...terrible! I'll be getting one very soon...as in tomorrow!
i'll tell you who is going to be especially proud of this post... lynn luttrell. we gave him a personalized tervis several christmases ago and i'm pretty sure he has had his iced tea from nothing else since. they are the best.
I love my tervis tumblers but they don't have lids and a straw- nice addition, especially since I LOVE my ice!!
LOOOOOOOVE these cups. We have a bunch of them and all of them have different patches inside representing different people in our lives (ie Missouri Tigers, KU, Longhorns, Bass fish, texas flag, stars, breast cancer ribbon, etc). Not only do I love these tumblers but I love that you blogged about them!
I like your new insulated cup. It should do the trick for you. Yeh, this is week no. 18. I can hardly wait for Sept. 10 to get here and we know if we are expecting a girl or a boy. Hope all is well with you, and with Clay. Much love to you from Gran and Papa.
I must get this cup! You know what I hate about condensation when you are pregnant?! Your belly always catches it! I feel like I always have drips on my belly :) I don't know if you've experienced this (yet!), but this cup seems to be the perfect solution!
I just stumbled upon your blog from Kristin's... I ate ice like crazy when I was pregnant too. I was so excited to go to the hospital because of the all-you-can-eat ice chips. :)
Post a Comment