Monday, November 30, 2009

tHanKsGiviNg

we had a great week hanging out in abilene for the thanksgiving break. it is always so nice and relaxing. my parents totally take care of us and we sleep and eat a lot!

we started thanksgiving off with the annual abilene turkey trot. clay, my aunt susan and my cousin clay ran the 5k. my mom, dad, uncle bobby, cousin nikki and little collin and i walked it.

nikki (my cousin clay's wife) is 17 weeks preggo. we definitely were bringing up the rear...really i was, but the rest of the family walkers were nice enough to keep me company.

after we all showered and recovered, we enjoyed a lovely thanksgiving dinner and a great afternoon of hanging out.

how precious is mr. collin sporting his cowboys gear?

the cousin picture.
we missed you ashlee, jeremy, johanna, jason, blake, melissa, jeron & jacob.

watching the aggie/longhorn game. please excuse my lame gig 'em. it is no indication of how seriously i was taking the game.

we ended the week at the legendary perini's steakhouse to celebrate my brother bryan's 25th birthday.

it was a spectacular week and i am so thankful for my family!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Kelli said...

I love that you guys make the turkey trot a part of your day... I bet you all feel a lot less guilty about eating all day. I like the way you think... :)

Gran said...

It was great having you in Abilene, but seemed far too short a time. Wish Papa and I could have joined in the race, but that is not possible at this stage of life. Your pics are great. I really did not take many and none of the group of 12 which were present to enjoy our Thanksgiving together. Glad we are your grandparents and a part of your original family. Love you two so much.

Unknown said...

You look great!! And all of your cute maternity outfits!!

allison said...

It looks like y'all had so much fun with the fam! I wish we could have seen y'all too :(

bethany said...

I love the 5K tradition!! Sounds like you guys had a great time with the fam=) We seriously need to get together before Christmas!

Heather said...

What a great time with family!! Just think, next year you will have a little one on that walk!! YOu look so cute!! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Katelyn said...

How great! The Turkey Trot ran in my neighborhood and I only watched the last part because I slept in, but way to bring up the rear!

Jami Nato said...

dude, you are rockin' your belly well. it is so cute.