Wednesday, January 27, 2010

oUr fiRsT cHiLd

before our real first child joins our household,
we've been trying to get our dog child all trained
and ready to be a big sister.













i mean she's dang cute,
but man does she has a lot of energy.
just ask anyone that's ever met her.













the good news is
when she's out of her kennel most of the day,
like she will be when i'm a stay at home momma,
you're much more likely to find her lounging on the couch
watching out the window for intruders.
i mean, aren't you scared of this vicious watch dog?













she's a good puppy,
but man do i pray that she's a good older sister too.
we're counting on you lucy.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Gran said...

I feel sure that Lucy will be a good older sister. She is so cute in these pictures. Well, is Miss Priss going to arrive on her due date or is she going to be a little late. We are anxious to see pics of her. Be sure you or someone puts some on the blog at first so we can see her. Love to you and praying for an easy delivery.

bethany said...

What a cute little lady=) I am sure she will be a wonderful big sister! We are going through the same thing with our two dogs right now - i actually had a hormonal breakdown earlier this week because i was scared i wouldn't be a good doggie-mommy after i become a twin-mommy. Lucy could always start having play groups with harley and dirvey if they are all feeling neglected=)

Irma and Koby said...

I'm thinking of you as you get ready to welcome your sweet baby girl! Such exciting times in your near future!
Having 3 furry children myself, it is an adjustment at first. Things that were cute before are suddenly a pain in the rear...but it looks like Lucy will be a great big sister and a protector too.
Hang in there. It was only a little over a week ago that I was waddling through my days wishing my baby would hurry up and get here!

Anonymous said...

Yes, as a matter of fact, I AM scared of that dog. :)

terri eggers fulghum said...

I think Lucy's gonna LOVE baby girl, but if you need a break, she can come over to visit her big sister Indie anytime!

Martha said...

Lucy is a giant version of my dog Milo. It's hilarious. I think Milo would look like her baby. :)