Saturday, June 26, 2010

bAcK iN tHe saDdLe aGaIN


once leighton was born
all my nesting instincts flew out the window for awhile.
but guess what?
they're back.
i've been on a crafting/organizing kick
and just thought i would share a few of my latest editions.

we finally got a new {grown up} dining room table.
i bought it at the ever fabulous good juju...
if you live in kc, you must go, it's amazing.
i also found two chairs to go with it.
i recovered the cushions to go with our kitchen & i love them!
now, i'm on the lookout for four black chairs for the other sides.
possibly these from here...
except maybe a little more affordable!

i found this little table on the side of the road
and it's the perfect addition to a tiny little corner in our dining room.
the pail houses the newspapers clay won't let me throw away quite yet.
i plan to paint the table.
maybe i'll steal emily's idea.

i've had this one empty frame hanging in our hallway
since last summer.
seriously...for a whole year.
not anymore.
i'd been wanting to do a silhouette of leighton for awhile.
it was so easy & i love how it turned out.

and last but not least, my beloved chalkboard.
it makes me smile everyday
{and helps me stay organized!}

i really love organizing & decorating.
i am currently working on our basement.
stay tuned for more!

17 comments:

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

i'm on a crafting kick also! i created silhouettes of my family yesterday and plan to hang them above our bed. so cute!

i have my sites set on a new chalkboard for my birthday next month. i had intended just to use it as a menu board...but i love how you have combined other lists.

bethany said...

adorable!!!

Melissa said...

I think that Leighton's silhouette needs one of her fabric bows taped on the glass! Get a bit of 3D art going!

annalee said...

i don't even know where to start. good thing i've already complimented each of these things more than once. love it all!
and you have no idea what joy it just brought me to see zucchini ravioli on your menu. now comes the real question, did y'all like it?

Cassie said...

I love EVERYTHING! Please come to my house and work your magic when you're done with your basement :)

Jill said...

I love everything you've done! Now get over here and start on my house. Seriously, I have a master bedroom, sitting room, bathroom that I'm currently trying to re-decorate and I'm terrible at making decisions!

Gran said...

Kristin, I am so proud of you for all the projects you are doing. Great job. Crafts are fun and so uplifting to one's personal feeling of accomplishment. The new picture of Leighton is just precious. Love you.

Jami Nato said...

so cute. love the black and white chair covers! and i love finding things in the trash. glorious!

Anonymous said...

If you love me, you'll come organize my life and make my house cute.

Ashley said...

I love it ALL!! Very very cute!! I have been wanting to do a silhouette of Emma, you've inspired me to get it done! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your projects! The chalkboard looks great.

Kristen :) said...

you are SO creative.. i also love your thursday dinner plans from last week! :)

Heather said...

I love this!! I adore that chalkboard!! So cute and I love that chair that you redid!!

amanda brown said...

love love love it all. youre so good.

laura said...

oh my goodness, you've inspired me to really get my crafting going!! and that chalkboard is adorable!

Lindsay Lady said...

you could have a second job at a coffee shop designing their chalkboard menus! so cute. i'm spicing up my house over here too! i recovered my dining room chairs this past weekend. something must be in the air.

ang said...

did I know you had a basement? :)