Friday, September 10, 2010

hmmm???

i don't really know how to say this.
or make this a cutsie
or interesting blog.
but i feel like i should let everyone know...
mainly to save you from having to see me cry in person.
we gave lucy, the dog, away.












tear.
yes, it was a horrendously hard decision.
but we know we did the right thing.
the reason...
she had too much energy for our little family of three.
she now lives with a wonderful family.
with three loving kids
and a golden retriever.
i can tell you that miss leighton will probably miss lucy the most.












good thing she's too young to understand.
we are very sad,
but know that this is what's best.
i sure will miss my little lucy lou.












post signature

12 comments:

heatherw said...

That must have been so hard Kristen! I had to give a kitten away after Bowen was born and it was terrible! So Sorry!

Kelli said...

I can't imagine how hard that must have been! Our neighbor has a daughter Leighton's age and they had to do the same thing.

ang said...

lev, I'm so sorry. At least she still has a good home...I'm sure she will get a lot of lovin! Maybe when Lei Lei gets older you can get another dog who needs a new home :) And Lucy will always love you!

annalee said...

so, so sorry friend.

bethany said...

Oh friend, I am so sorry. I am sure Lucy is having a wonderful time with those kiddos and the other dog! You definitely made the right decision for Lucy.

Gran said...

Since Gran and Papa love our Schatzie so much, we can feel how sad you are to have to make this decision. All will work out for the best I am sure. Remember, we love you, and when you are sad we are sad with you. Sending XXXXXX and OOOOO to you tonight.

Caroline said...

oooo! so sad. I am sure it is the right decision but obviously hard! she is a cute little doggie.

Heather said...

Ahh Kristen, I remember when you posted getting her. That must of been tough, so sorry. We had to leave our golden retriever in Nashville when we moved to Texas and your right, it was tough on the kids and still is!!

Jami Nato said...

you are so sweet. that dog will always love you more than it's new owners. just saying.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who had to make this decision too. So hard. I'm sorry you guys had to be in that situation, but you know what is best for your family and for Lucy and you will all be happier now - or someday soon!

Abbe said...

i'm so sorry, i know that was a hard decision. one we often wonder if we should make...

amanda said...

oh gosh! i would die. im so sorry! transition and change is so hard. hang in there. let that little cute toot make you smile.