afternoon naps are glorious.
unfortunately though, leighton takes after her mother.
we wake up on the wrong side of the bed from naps.
grumpy.
two things put leighton in an automatic good mood when naptime is over.
1. anyone other than her mother.
2. smoothies.
since she's stuck with me almost everyday
we've started a summer smoothie tradition.
luckily, i happen to be a smoothie expert.
i worked at a well known smoothie chain for a year in college.
i thought i would share our recipe with you
1 banana
1 cup of plain yogurt
about 5 or 6 frozen strawberries
1 cup {or so} orange juice
a few ice cubes {if you like it a little thicker like we do}
this recipe is not very precise.
we change it up often.
some variations include, but of course are not limited to
other frozen fruit {we're currently on a strawberry/peach kick}
a touch of honey
different juices {orange/pineapple is in our house right now}
more or less of anything depending on your desired level of thickness
i used to always add protein powder when i had these for breakfast
i keep meaning to add flax or something healthy like that.
as the temperatures continue to rise,
clear off a spot on your counter for the blender
stock up on frozen fruit
and get your straws ready.
it's smoothie season!
cheers!


5 comments:
Yum! I will definitely be making these soon!
This looks so good! I can't wait to try it out!
I can testify to the fact that you truly are a smoothie magician. I'm going to start showing up on your doorstep everyday around 3:30, fyi.
smoothies are the best thing ever!
Delicous! I haven't made one of those for C in a long time! Thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment