Thursday, December 22, 2011

aMeLia: tHrEe moNths oLd

it's true.
amelia is three months old.
it's also true that i haven't blogged in a month.
how did that happen?
well, i'm back again...at least for an update on miss amelia.

sTatS
weight...12 lbs. 3 oz...50th percentile
length...23 3/4 in...50th percentile

sKiLLs
*rolling over...she just started rolling over from her tummy to her back.
*talking...she's been cooing so much lately. it's adorable.
*she is obsessed with her tongue...always sticking it out. it's hilarious.

stRuggLes
*sleeping...oh goodness, this girl is such an inconsistent sleeper. she still eats 3-4 times at night (7-7), but she wakes up multiple other times. no idea what the deal is, but man is it exhausting. sometimes she takes 2 hour naps in her bed, sometimes she goes days with only napping for 45 minutes at a time. she has slept a few 7 hour stretches at night...which is amazing.

but man, i will say that the Lord has been consistently reminding me to have a thankful heart.
this has been a HARD transition.
but God has given us two absolutely precious and healthy girls.
i know so many people that have had miscarriages.
that have children in the hospital.
that can't get pregnant.
i am beyond blessed
and i try to remind myself of that in the middle of the night.
when the frustration and the exhaustion hit.

i am beyond thankful for this adorable little lady.
i mean, come on.
she is cute.











post signature

6 comments:

Jami Nato said...

penelope is also an inconsistent sleeper. urg. your body just gets used to not sleeping. ha. right??

that amelia is the sweetest.

Kristen :) said...

cute?! she is ADORABLE!!!!!! Love that little peanut

Gran said...

Great to have the update tonight whem I opened the blog. She is really cute, and I know the sleeping thing will soon be worked out when she is a little older. She does remind me of Max. I guess cousins can look alike. Have a Merry Christmas! My house is all decoreated, my presents all bought and wrapped. Now I am ready for Sunday. We are supposed to get snow Friday night and Sat.

Jill said...

She's so stinkin' cute. Can't believe she's 3 months!

I'm scared of how I'm going to do it with two. I was just telling Alex this the other night. I mean, with Amelia I could sleep when she slept but with two - you can't really do that. Guess you just live on coffee???

audrey said...

we've just now gotten those precious 7 hour sleep periods and it's glorious!! But it's only been 3 days so we'll see how long it lasts. this chicken looks more and more like her momma! so cute!

Anonymous said...

You guys definitely make some super duper cute baby girls. I think you should have 8 more.