Saturday, July 12, 2008

boo...

does anyone else ever just get in a funk? there really isn't anything big that is wrong, but you just feel blah. that's me. i have been a bit emotional the past couple of days andi think i am finally starting to miss texas a little. it's just been one of those weeks...went to the dmv 3 times...that's right. it took me 3 visits and approximately 3 hours to get my kansas driver's license. i was way more mad about this whole process then i should have been. then last night i was trying to cook a nice dinner for clay after his long week of studying. the chicken turned out disgusting and i burned the rice a roni. yup, i started crying right in the middle of the kitchen with my cute apron on. then after playing some wii and watching some friday night lights, we were getting ready for bed and i just could not stop crying. i was so sad and lonely and i don't know why. my poor husband. i was mostly sad because he is working so hard right now studying for the bar and i don't want him to have any stress when he gets home. and there i was last night...a mess.

this morning we woke up and clay was not feeling well at all. i made an early morning run to target to stock up on oj and zicam. it is now 10:15 am and clay is still asleep. so unlike him so i know he really isn't feeling well. i'm sitting in our big comfy chair watching tlc and listening to the rain outside.

i am so thankful that even when i feel blah, my God loves me and i can hope in the fact that there is something greater in this world than me. i am also thankful that i have a fabulous husband that will eat and compliment my food even when it tastes disgusting and will let me cry on his shoulder for a long time and then tell me that i am an excellent wife.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

you really are an excellent wife. i love you.

Evan said...

1) yes, i do also get in a funk (but i know you already knew that)
2) i also know that exact same crying in the kitchen over a ruined dinner moment all too well
3) its okay to miss texas some, texas definitely misses you!
4)get well soon clay
5) i second that you are an excellent wife for clay

Evan said...

haha, that last comment is really from me (annalee)but evan must have been signed in.
i'm leaving it though because its funny to read it like it is from evan as though he has cried while cooking dinner.

Anonymous said...

could there be a bun in the oven??

Natalie said...

I've been there too Kristin-I'm praying for you! So many changes in such a short time would be hard for anyone. It is so good to know that God is always the same no matter how we feel!

jessica said...

I understand. When we moved to Tulsa last year, I cried for 2 months straight. It was a year this week since we moved, and I still mourn my Texas! It gets better, promise! :)

Mere Ware said...

When we first got married, left all of my friends and moved to a new place I cried... A LOT. And threw a lamp once. Yikes, don't go there.
It gets better, obviously. We've made it five years and I bet there have been fewer tears in the last four than there was in the first 4months. And, the best news...no more lamp throwing!

The Ralston Family said...

Lev - so glad that I found your blog.....we miss you tons and wish you nothing but the best....I will definitely keep updated by your blog and just remember what an amazing time of growth the Lord is putting you and Clay through...cling to HIM!

Lauren said...

Kristin,

I just wanted to let you know that I have added you to my favorite blogs. My brother Grant is really good friends with Bryan. I also found you through Annalee. I pray the Lord's richest blessings on you and Clay and your new lives in Kansas City. Be blessed! Lauren Cunningham

J.R. Foster said...

I am so glad that you are in this world of blogging:) I have been keeping up with you through Annalee's blog, but now I can go straight to the source:) Congrats on the wedding, the pictures were fabulous! Beautiful bride:)

-Lindsey (Hoskins) Cotton

Abbe said...

i am so glad you joined the blog world so i can stalk you. hang in there i know things will get better. one night michael and i slaved, and spent hard earned money, to make grilled tuna i gagged on the first bite and then threw a fit as i threw it away! i hope you are having a better day and that clay is back to himself.

Martha said...

I found you!! :) I just moved to Ohio and I've felt homesick too. I know it gets better but it doesn't make it a whole lot easier in the beginning. Read some funny books and laugh out loud by yourself. :) Miss you!