tHe wEddInG
on may 24, 2008 i married the most incredible, most handsome man in the world. we had a spectacular wedding filled with all of our family and friends, lots of good food and lots of good dancing.

after one, very long, semester of planning the wedding, we were so ready for the honeymoon. the day after the wedding, we flew to ambergris caye, belize. it was one fabulous week...rather unbeliezable to be precise.

tHe mOvE
when we returned from our fabulous week in belize, i had four days of school left and then we packed up (with the help of some fabulous friends and family) and made the LONG drive from austin to kansas city. since we had too many vehicles to drive alone, my parents made the trek with us. we were happily greeted by clay's parents and the six of us enjoyed a long weekend of unpacking, setting up and putting together our apartment.

tHe cHuRCh
clay and i were excited about our move, but one of the things we were most anxious about was finding a church body where we could serve and build community. well the Lord is fabulous i tell you. through some of clay's contacts from undergrad, he got in touch with a guy that was planting a church in kansas city at the end of may. we arrived in kc saturday night and the next morning was the first sunday of the new church. what a blessing. our wonderful parents met the movers sunday morning so we could attend the first sunday of redeemer fellowship. we are already being blessed by this wonderful body. check it out here...
Redeemer Fellowship Church
tHe joB
i was not having the best of luck finding a teaching job in kansas while i was still working in texas. once we got to kc, the Lord opened up the floodgates with opportunities. i had two calls over the weekend we were moving and four interviews the first week we were here. I ended up being offered the very one i wanted. i am so pumped and cannot wait to work with all the wonderful people there.

mY GoD
what i have learned and continue to learn through all these transitions is that God is good. He has planned out every little detail of our lives and i am learning more and more every day how to rely on Him and glorify Him in every part of my life. He is good.
klf


8 comments:
I teared up so much reading this...and I don't cry! I love you Lev!
Nice blog! Lots going on!
I especially like the top wedding pic with everyone jumping in the background. Why? Because it caught me nailing Bryan right in the shin with the heel of my pointy shoe!
Glad that you are settling in! love you girl!
Mel
nice Spanish in the title there. grammar perfection. i'm so proud.
LOVE the wedding pictures! So pretty.
Viva la vida.
Hey Kristin! I found your blog through Annalee's. Your wedding picture is gorgeous! I hope ya'll are settling in well in KC. I'm excited to keep up with you!
Hi Kristin!
Halim and I also went to Belize on our honeymoon! We, to this day, talk about things being "unbelizeable" - so I hope you and Clay enjoy that for years to come. :) I hope that your transition to KC gets easier by the day. As one who has recently gone through major life change (having a baby and staying at home) - I can understand how you feel . . .
Angela
Hey, Kristin! I just found your blog through Allison's and it is great! I'm excited about this new season in your life. I hope you enjoy 4th grade; it's definitely my favorite. And you were a gorgeous bride, girl! Congratulations on all the new blessings.
Post a Comment