coming up with a name for this girl...
was not an easy task.
clay and i pretty much could not agree on anything.
he wanted meaning.
i wanted a name we loved that was a little different.
luckily, we found a happy medium.
LeiGhToN gaLe
LeiGhToN
my middle name, before i got married, was leigh.
we knew we wanted to use this in the name somewhere.
i had seen the name leighton in magazines (leighton meester) and liked it a ton.
i thought it was a great way to use leigh.
in a cheesy way, leighton is kind of a mix between my name and clay's...
leigh & clayton.
gaLe
when we thought about using leighton,
we were baffled about what middle name to use.
leigh, had been our go to middle name.
for some reason, i didn't want to pick a random middle name.
i felt like the middle name should have some meaning.
we started going through a bunch of family names
and realized that all of leighton's great grandparents are living
except clay's paternal grandfather...gale fulghum.
he passed away two years ago.
i loved it.
it seemed a perfect way to honor clay's grandfather.
it took quite a bit of time until the name felt perfect to clay.
we had several name choices that we were contemplating,
but i made it clear which was my favorite.
it was so special to me when clay decided the same thing.
i love her name.
it just seems to fit her so perfectly.



11 comments:
What a beautiful picture of Leighton! I loved her name the first time I heard it and I love it more now that I know the meaning behind her middle name! Precious! Are y'all coming to Texas anytime soon? Please let me know because I'd love to make a road trip to see you and meet Miss Leighton.
Her name is so beautiful!!! :)
Leighton Gale is a beautiful name and she is a beautiful baby. I think it is so appropriate to give he the middle name of the great grandfather that has passed away. She is blessed with lots of great grands though, isn't she? We will try to do good by her. Good thing I do not live nearby or I know I would be tempted to buy far too many things for her. Love to you 3.
I totally adore her name! You guys "did great!" And, not just on her name...Leighton Gale is a gorgeous little sweetheart! I can't wait to meet her! DOLL BABY!
I love her name, it is beautiful for a beautiful little girl!!
such a pretty baby!
i really like the name...and i love that it is a mix of your names. it's ok to be cheesy from time to time.
She is precious Kristin and I love her name! Hope you are all staying warm! Blessings!
Leighton's name is so beautiful! Picking out the perfect name is not for the faint of heart. I think it takes a lot of prayer as well. You and Clay did well :)
i'm seriously in love with her cheeks. and eyes. and nose. and bow. and of course her name too!
ps- clay draws one incredible man heart. that is impressive.
It's a fabulous name for one sweetheart of a baby.
not only do i love that bow and the sweet girl wearing it, i LOVE a name with meaning...great job!
Post a Comment