clay and i had our first date night
since miss priss was born.
we went to dinner and a movie.
it was glorious.

leighton got to go spend a few hours
at her grumpa and tg's house.
she had loads of fun
and can't wait to go back.

i was only a little nervous
about leaving my baby for the first extended amount of time.
towards the end of the movie
i started to get a little antsy to see leighton.
it was so fun to come and pick her up.
as ridiculous as it sounds,
being away from her for four hours
made me love her more.



9 comments:
Y'all are PRESH!!! Is it bad that I feel that way sometimes (read: always) when we leave Bella?! I'm nervous about what it will be like when it's a KID.
I'm glad y'all got to have a date night. Yippeee for parents in town!
You look fabulous!
I remember those first few times! It sounds like you held up better than I did!
good for you! it makes you a better mom and wife to have those little stolen moments away :) and i am with you, i love to come back and see them after i have been away! miss you and love reading all about your sweet little one! hey, btw, i don't think i have a recent email addy for you? would you send it to me, mine is still the same, howdyqueen@yahoo.com!
i know, i leave the kids for an hour and am like...i think you grew! and they probably did. when they're that small, it takes just a blink for something new to happen.
cute couple! cute baby! good work on a date night!
I totally know what you mean about the antsy part!! It is fun to go pick them back up, until they get older and don't want to leave you! :)
Then you cry and vow to never leave them again, ok I am only half kidding!
You look so good girl!! Glad you guys had a great date night!
You look adorable little mama! Yay for date night!! (And a double YAY for grandparents close by to babysit!!)
Can't wait to have Leighton come over and play again!
Happy birthday to a pretty mama! Look forward to seeing you all tonight.
Post a Comment