Monday, March 29, 2010

mY gReaTeSt hiTs

in honor of turning 30
i would like to share with you
the 30 top moments
of my 30 fabulous years.
in no particular order.

1. may 24, 2008...the day i married clay.
2. a&m vs. ut...november '99 after bonfire fell.
3. january 31, 2010...i became a mommy!
4. the day i found out i won teacher of the year.
5. the day the BLAB moved in together.
6. the day i opened my acceptance letter to a&m.
7. first day of 6th grade...i met my bestie, annalee.
8. the day clay & i moved into our first house.
9. the day i graduated from abilene high school.
10. the day i memorized psalm 73:23-26
11. march 11, 1993...my surprise 13th birthday party.
12. the day i made fish camp co chair.
13. the day i graduated from texas a&m university.
14. december 15, 2007...the day clay proposed to me.
15. the day i was offered my first teaching job at caldwell elementary.
16. the day i found out i made fish camp director.
17. the ahs pep rally when i was nominated for homecoming queen.
18. september 11, 1989...the day i was baptized.
19. the day i bought my first car all on my own...the jetta.
20. the day my 3rd grade teacher, mrs. sharp, took me to acu sing song.
21. the day i realized that God wanted me to care more about what he thought of me than what others thought of me.
22. the day our friends gave lynch & me a check to help cover the damage from the great flood of '05.
23. the day i made bricks for a habitat house in the philippines.
24. the day i discovered doggy daycare.
25. spring break '07...the day rubey, clay, lance and i took our texas hill country road trip.
26. november 29, 1984...my youngest brother bryan was born (sorry blake, i don't remember the day you were born!)
27. playing with the kids in the dominican republic.
28. this past friday...clay raking leaves, lucy jumping in the piles, leighton and i watching...i love my little family.
29. the day i started watching lost.
30. may 24, 2009...the day i found out i was pregnant.

i am so blessed.

Photobucket

12 comments:

annalee said...

can you please tell me why i'm getting teary reading this sweetest list?! (no, i'm NOT pregnant).
i guess i just miss you and your sweet little family more everyday. what wonderful days of your life!

allison said...

Um, excuse me, but I think you left off March 11, 2005- the day of the great flood of '05- when all of our greatest material possessions got SOAKED!!!! Okay, okay, just kidding... that was miserable, but it has made for great stories over the years.

MIIIIISS YOU!!!!

Lauren said...

I'm with Annalee! This list is so precious. What a wonderful idea for a post. Hope you, Clay, Leighton, and Lucy enjoy your week ahead. You are such an encouragement to me. I ran into a 'Kristen' I know this weekend at a local store, she had a baseball cap on, so I couldn't see her entire face, she came up to me and said "Hi, Lauren! It's Kristen. To which I replied, "Kristen Fulghum?" I guess the desire to meet you is monopolizing my brain capacity. I felt like such a dork. :)It's a really good thing God loves dorks :)

CASEY said...

this list is proof of a life well lived and greatly blessed! i love it!

Bryan (The Best Brother) Levrets said...

yesssssss i made the list.

Heather said...

I love this post. SO fun and sentimental. You are extremely blessed!

Jami Nato said...

you have a full life already! and i don't even know what fish camp is.

Kelli said...

Those are thirty amazing things.... I can't wait to see the next thirty... do you think we will all still be blogging at 60? :)

Sarah Beth said...

I remember quite a few from your list! I better start making my 30 list!

Katelyn said...

What a great 1st anniversary gift - you found out Leighton was on her way. That is such a great list!

hannah said...

love it.

Angela said...

Love this idea! Can I copy for my 3oth? So creative! ;-)

Reminds me of Annalee's posts...creative!