Friday, May 7, 2010

iT's oFfiCiAL

i'm a stay at home mom.
my maternity leave is over.
if i were going back to work,
this would have been my first week back.
wow am i glad that i'm not.
especially since we still don't sleep through the night around here.
but how can you be mad
when you get up to this cutie?

so i would like to share with you my top 10 favorite things about being a stay at home mom.

1. i know what my baby is doing at all times.

2. i have time to cook...and i'm actually enjoying it.

3. we don't have to do grocery shopping or laundry on the weekends.

4. i almost always get to be the first one to see leighton do something.

5. playdates! yes, leighton doesn't do a lot of playing yet, but i love hanging out with friends during the week.

6. meeting people for lunch. definitely didn't get to do that as a teacher.

7. not taking a shower everyday. i know i'm gross.

8. wearing whatever i want. sweat pants, jeans, sundress, whatever!

9. not waking up to an alarm...well i guess just a different kind of alarm.

10. bonding with my preshy baby. that joker is a mama's girl! it is a little ridiculous.

thank you to my wonderful, hard working husband for getting up every morning and going to work so that i can stay home with miss priss!

i shall leave you with a video of the reason i get to be a stay at home mom. sorry it's kind of crazy. it's hard to video and make her laugh at the same time.

enjoy!


post signature

10 comments:

Kelli said...

You hit the nail on the head with that top 10!

Welcome to officially being a stay at home mamasita!

Her laugh is so adorable!

annalee said...

welcome to the club! it's the best job ever. seriously. even better than cajun cones. or crystal's pizza. or jamba juice. or teaching. but you already know that!

i was bummed because i can't get the video to work, but then i remembered i get to hear that punkin giggle in person in a matter of days. so i'm over it. i'm now counting the hours.

bethany said...

YAY for you! Yay for us! Can't wait for play dates, pool dates, & lunch dates!

Gran said...

I am so glad you are a stay at home mom and enjoying all the benefits that brings. The 10 things are well expressed. You will never regret this time you spend with Leighton in the home. The video is great; good to hear her laughing. I'm looking forward to that too next week. Now since your blog letters are in orange I have a real struggle to read the blog, my vision you know, but it is worth the struggle, and I love the pics and videos. Love to you 3 from Gran and Papa.

Heather said...

I am so happy for you, that's awesome!!! You will love being a SAHM!

Unknown said...

This is adorable! I can't believe your a momma! Happy Mom's day!

Kristen said...

HAPPY MOM'S DAY!! I can't believe you're a stay at home mom...more so, I can't believe I didn't KNOW you were a stay at home mom. I love you and miss you more than you know!!

Jami Nato said...

it is seriously the best thing in the world. hard sometimes, but the BEST.

Sara S. said...

Congrats! It is the hardest/most amazing job ever. I also love that you don't have to dress up to stay home. In fact, sometimes John will call to tell me he is on his way home from work, and I will change from my jammies into normal clothes. I mean really, he doesn't need to know I've been in my pajamas the entire day :)

hannah said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you get to stay home with her :)