Thursday, September 30, 2010

LeiGhtoN: eiGhT moNtHs oLd

leighton is eight months old.
and man do we love every single day with her.
here's what has been going on with our
eight month old.

sTatS
weight...17 lbs 6 oz...25-50th percentile
height...27 3/4 in...50-75th percentile

sKiLLs
*cruising...she just started walking along the couch {especially if the remote control is near!}
*eating...loves her some food. she still doesn't have any teeth, but she can gum down just about anything!
*opening doors and drawers...i filled a drawer in the kitchen with stuff she can play with. she also loves to push doors closed and pull open the pantry door and play with everything on the floor.
*sleeping...12-13 hours at night and 2 naps 1-2 hours each
*talking...she says mama and dada {but not on command} her new favorite consonant is "n"

stRuGgLeS
*opinions...she's becoming more opinionated and does not hesitate to let you know if she doesn't like what you are doing to her.
*obeying...she very obviously understands the word no and can be quite dramatic after being told no.
*church nursery...for crying out loud. she has been going to the nursery almost every sunday for 4 months. she has cried her eyes out almost every sunday for 4 months. for the love, tell me that will eventually go away!!












this picture is a typical leighton pic.
i am not joking that even with clay taking the pictures
and me trying to get her to smile,
she would not sit still and just look at the camera.
holy moly.
she is busy!
we love you
little eight month old.
post signature

8 comments:

ang said...

I love her little leggings :). Leighton needs to come teach Dreya the "close the door" trick. I guess dogs don't pick that one up ;)

Gran said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Leighton on her 8th month. Can't believe that much time has gone by since she arrived. She is a doll. Yes, she will learn to love the nursery at church just any time now. Tell her GiGi and Big Papa really love her alot. Thanks for keeping us up with her progress.

amanda said...

happy 8 months sweet thing! i cant wait to meet her in a couple weeks! she and rhett weigh exactly the same.

Jami Nato said...

when i first read "cruising" under skills, i thought it said "cussing". haha. i was like, wow.

she is a cuttie.

Unknown said...

I can't believe a whole month has gone by...I feel like I just read your seven-month post. Ha, I feel like I'm tracking the passing of time through your monthly updates!
She's precious!

Heather said...

Happy 8 months to Leighton!! She just gets cuter every day!

audrey said...

ridiculous. i feel like i just saw you in the hospital after you had her. now she's eight months old?! who does that? i don't need to tell you how beautiful your chicken is...i've already told you that too much.

Kelli said...

Get it girl!

I REALLY need to meet her! :)