Wednesday, September 29, 2010

tAsTy eQuAtioNs

we are definitely enjoying the fall weather around here.
as well as some yummy treats!

did you know you can pop popcorn in a paper lunch bag?
i just learned this trick from my friend melissa
start with this


add in this


then a little of this


and you get delicious popcorn!
{sorry, no picture of it...we ate it all too quickly!}
check out this website for more specific instructions
and more delicious add ins!

i always get lots of great ideas from my favorite magazine
real simple.
this month i decided to put their spin on one of our go to treats.
all you need is this
{we buy the giant box at costco}


and a bag of these


and you get this 


these brownies were a hit at our bible study last night!
all you do is put a layer of brownie mix in your pan
add a layer of peppermint patties
and then another layer of brownie mix.
bake according to box.
scrumptious.

but my favorite equation of all these days is
fall weather
+
a blanket and a bumbo
=
a lunch picnic


happy hump day to you!

post signature

7 comments:

Jami Nato said...

i don't know how i feel about the phrase "hump day".

but those treats look delish.

ang said...

I need to see your sweetie pie before she turns one!!! She's getting so big :)

Ashley said...

yum! both ideas are great...and that little one is just too cute & getting SO BIG!!

terri eggers fulghum said...

That brownie dessert sound so good and this weather is why it's great to be in Kansas!!

Kelli said...

Popcorn, minty brownie dessert, precious baby girl on a fall afternoon?!?!? It doesn't get much better than that!

PS - I temporarily put my blog on private while I figure some things out. I'll change it back soon I hope! :)

Caroline said...

yummy brownies! :) I've done the same thing using a couple big hershey's bars in the middle. YUM!

Gran said...

Yes, fall is fantastic for all of us!! I about have my house all clean and ready for the women's group next Tuesday. It is at ten in the morning or I would try your treats for refreshments. Maybe next time. Leighton looks so grown up sitting in her bumbo with sweater on and a blanket. Enjoy these days. Cold will be next you know.