Wednesday, October 20, 2010

cooKie mOnsTeR

i love cookies.
i mean, seriously, love them.
and even more than the cookies,
i love the dough.
this past week i ate a lot of cookie dough.
for the annual pumpkin carving party
i made little favor bags with cookies in each.














i baked almost 200 cookies this week.
5 batches.
oatmeal raisin
snickerdoodle
sugar
peanut butter
chocolate chip
i don't even want to know how many cookies worth of dough i ate.




















because i love you
i'm going to share with you
the best chocolate chip cookie recipe in the world.
for real.
these cookies are amazing.
they're called
mrs. debby chocolate chip cookies.
the namesake is my dear friend natalie's mother.
it is her recipe
and she has perfected this recipe
i cannot even begin to count how many batches of these cookies i have made in the past two years.
i don't even mess around with other recipes.
so here ya go.

mrs. debby chocolate chip cookies
cream together
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup crisco
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

sift together
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

mix dry ingredients into butter/sugar mixture

add in
2 cups oats
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips

bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
*makes about 3 dozen


i had an excellent little sous chef to help me with my baking.
although she did not get the dough benefits that her mama did!














what's your cookie recipe is your go to?
post signature

13 comments:

The Yellow Door said...

I'm definitely going to have to try that! Oatmeal chocolate chip is definitely the favorite around here!

bethany said...

OKAY I am guessing this is the same delicious recipe that you brought me when you and Annalee came to meet C?? Here's the weird part - it was on my to do list to email you this week for the recipe! I can NOT wait to make these....Thanks!

Natalie said...

So glad you're spreading the chocolate chip cookie love to Kansas! Mom brought me a batch of cookies this weekend and I'm enjoying a frozen one right now. Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, chocolate chips and I don't get along.

BUT...those peanut butter cookies you made? AMAZING. I went through all of our bags and snagged the pb's before Trav or Arle even had a chance.

audrey said...

what a woman! prepare for jami to flip out over this post. she thinks that crisco is from satan himself. i, on the other hand, will gladly take this recipe and dominate a batch!

Anonymous said...

All your cookies were delicious. Our bag lasted about two minutes after we got home!

Jami Nato said...

i was so excited about this recipe. UNTIL...hahahahaha. i won't even say it. ok i will. just use butter. Jesus made it from nature. i'll let you guess who made crisco.

anyway, those bags are too cute and i'm sure that the cookies were so delicious!

Jill said...

I love the way you packaged them! Totally stealing that idea. :)

Gran said...

I understand being a cookie monster. But...I have never liked to eat just the cookie dough. I have enjoyed baking cookies my entire married life. Maybe it was because my folks had a grocery store and sold cookies and my mom seldom made cookies. I agree that the chocolate chip ones are best.

Jessie said...

CANNOT believe you are finally sharing the Mrs. Debby's chocolate chip cookie recipe. Thank the Lord! I'm obsessed with these. Thanks for an amazing afternoon and excellent party favors.

Kristin said...

These cookies are SO VERY amazing. I can't wait to make a batch asap!

terri eggers fulghum said...

Thanks for the recipe- I know I've eaten some of the yummy samples! Never met a cookie I didn't like, for real! Also love the pic of Lei, definitely looking more like her mama. Miss you guys and hope you're having a great TX visit!!

Jessie said...

Umm . . . I love a good cookie post as much as the next guy, but where are the Austin pics? I know you've only been back for a day, but I'm ready to catch up!