this year, as december approached,
clay and i wanted to do something for advent
that leighton could participate in.
and by 'participate'
i mean stare blankly at us and put whatever we are holding in her mouth.
but, this was a family tradition we wanted to start right away.
here's what i did
i ordered the numbers from this etsy shop
and made a trip to hobby lobby for the rest of the supplies.
inside each envelope is a paraphrased {kid friendly} verse.
each day our family gathers around the christmas tree
to read part of the story of the birth of our Savior.
i'm excited about starting this tradition with our family
and spending the christmas season anticipating and longing for Jesus.
and we're hoping this will really build leighton's vocabulary.
maybe her first words will be 'population census'.
i mean, we're pretty sure she is a baby genius.



11 comments:
i love this! you're such a teacher...i mean, look at your handwriting! :)
OMG. i'm totally doing this...next year! seriousl. i can't tell you how much i love that.
Well since you daughter can already say police, I'm pretty sure population census isn't that far off.
Very cute idea=)
I love this idea. May I steal it? :)
And you make me laugh out loud. Just thought I tell you that. :)
This is awesome!!! I really want to make one. I definitely need to remember the when I have kids. So, so cute!!
great job as usual lev! super cute and meaningful family tradition.
Super duper cuteness!
i am dying over your handwriting. and i'd also really like to be your friend.
Great idea! Love the bags!
what a great idea. we are trying to figure out fun ways to incorporate the real meaning of christmas. this seems more meaningful than avery's current tossing baby Jesus around the room...
and i've always thought leighton was a baby genius
very very cute idea! you daughter is just adorable!
Post a Comment