if you know my leighton
or have been reading my blog long,
then you know that my daughter is not a calm little girl.
she started moving just as soon as she could,
she doesn't sit on the floor and play with one toy longer than 30 seconds,
she prefers to climb on top of things instead of sitting next to them.
but i have recently discovered an activity
that will keep her sitting still for a rather long time.
baking.
oh man, does she love it.
and oh boy, do i love that she loves it.
as a mom who loves to bake, i am so excited to share this hobby with her.
as a teacher, i am so pumped that she will have lots of hands on experience with measurement.
{side note...seriously, let your kids help you in the kitchen. measurements are so so hard for kids to learn abstractly in the classroom. it helps tremendously if they have something concrete to draw from!}
she helps me pour in all the ingredients
and then mixes up the ingredients.
sometimes baking can be a messy sport.
and it's of utmost importance for the sous chef to taste each ingredient
to assure only the best of the best goes into each cookie.
and of course,
the best part of baking is the final product.
i'm so glad to have a little sous chef around.
baking is way more fun now.






12 comments:
adorable! soooo fun :)
So sweet! Thanks for the advise/encouragement on getting little ones in the kitchen. I tend to be too much of a neat/control freak to allow for help. I. MUST. CHANGE.
You look lovely, by the way!!!
man, that chicken looks more and more like her daddy. let's hope this next one looks like momma!
SO CUTE!! Amelia loves to watch me bake/cook but she does it from her highchair. I let her lick the beater for the first time this week and she went to town! I've never thought to let her help me pour things into the bowl at her age...I'll have to start doing that. She would love it. Great post!
Cute pics!
see auj, i was just going to say she is looking more like her mama these days.
what a sweet moment together!
Very sweet=) I love those pictures=)
And can I give a loud "amen" to the whole measurement issue?! Sooo hard for kids to learn at school... Teach 'em early & give them lots of practice!!
Love it! So cute and the cookies look amazing! And I love the teacher shout-out!
You already have luscious pregnancy locks :)
so cute! And I guess I haven't seen her in awhile... when did she get all that hair! I can't believe how much it has grown.
Nothing better than bonding with your girl over some cookie dough! : )
cuteness! love her sweater and love that you love measurements :)
I think it is so funny how busy little bees will slow down in the kitchen. She sure is a cutie!
Post a Comment