Saturday, September 24, 2011

puMpkiNs aNd doNutS aNd hoRses, oH mY

this morning we headed out to the louisberg apple cider mill
for a little fall festival fun.


a pumpkin patch


pony rides


and lots of junk food.


it may have been a little ambitious considering we have a one week old.
{and i may or may not have had a minor breakdown in the car after trying to nurse, change poopy diapers/outfits and figure out the moby wrap, but luckily mimi hunted me down and forced me to get out and walk around}


leighton, daddy and mimi had a grand time.


it is definitely going to be an adjustment figuring out how to do life with two kids 
and still get where we're going on time!
i'm thankful we made the trek today
even if it was a little crazy!
and i'm definitely thankful for our newest little family member.

post signature

6 comments:

Cassie said...

So glad y'all got to get out as a family! What a fun outing, too!! I want to go to a fall festival!

But oh, man! All of those newborn things just sent me into fetal position in the corner :) There were some tough days when we first transitioned to two. Nursing and taking care of a toddler was about enough to send me over the edge.

It will soon feel like second nature, though! I promise! It may take 18 months like it did for us, but it will :)

Natalie said...

How fun! I'm so impressed that you're out and about (and looking so cute!) The first few weeks are hard, but soon you'll have a new normal! Praying for you sweet Kristin!

kellycmom said...

You are CRAZY :) I do not even leave the house with any of my babies for two weeks (I still feel like I am walking funny at that point :P) You guys are so cute and glad you got to do something special. I agree with your friend Cassie, it is definitely rough moving from one to two, I thought that was the hardest transition, even more than to three. You are doing great and you will look back and realize that you did it :)

Gran said...

I cannot believe that you are already out and about with a week old baby. Oh my, no wonder you had a melt down. Looks like Leighton had a grand time though. You guys take it easy on Sunday and give things a little time. I know the Pumpkin Patch and all the activities were fun for some in the family. Love to you. Happy Fall to Y'all.

Jami Nato said...

the second one was hardest for me. but i mean, you are a crazy lady for going out with that nugget so early. ha! herrrrrrmit. it's the way to be.

Sara S. said...

Adorable! You are so brave. I don't see myself leaving the house with both kids until about February :)