have i ever mentioned redeemer fellowship church?
we love it.
it has been an amazing community that has helped us grow closer to God.
we have made the best of friends.
one of the ways our church community serves each other is through food.
delicious food.
after amelia was born we had meals brought to us at least 3 times a week for 6 weeks.
it was amazing!
and i must say thank you to...
the dennis', the natos, the porters, the niemanns, lucy, sara, the mccallons, the jorgensens, the lindquists, the hemenways, the rosells, the moodys, the marascos, the almeidas, the severns, the helmers, the dunhams, the williams, the jenkins, and the ericksons
in case you weren't counting, that is 20 meals!!!
i was so so spoiled.
well, the meals have finally stopped coming
which means i have to cook now.
enter pinterest.
i love pinterest for lots of reasons,
but especially because it has some fabulous recipes.
new inspiration.
tonight we ate these baked chicken fajitas
yum. they have been entered into the regular rotation.
the other day leighton helped me bake these pumpkin snickerdoodles.
again. yum.
i have also decided that the only way dinner will get cooked most days
is if i get it ready before 5:00 {the witching hour}
hello crockpot!
if only i had enough space to leave it out on the counter.
i made this beef sandwich recipe the other day...pretty tasty and ridiculously easy.
so, what are your favorite crockpot recipes?
please. do share.


5 comments:
I LOVE the crockpot too and think it is fabulous for moms, and I am glad to know (well, not really glad, but you know what I mean), that someone else out there knows the witching hour :)
One thing I will do is make something that does not necessarily need to cook the whole time, but I just want it to stay warm. I will make it at like 3 or 4, when things are not so crazy and then just dump it into the pot on warm or low. I do that with spaghetti sauce, and most soups that I don't want to cook all day.
Other favs are apple butter, basically tons of cored peeled apples, cooked on low for like 10-12 hours, with cinnamon, little sugar and some water or apple juice (look it up to find exact measurements, I don't measure anything :)
Also, I make a TON of beans in the crock pot. I just buy a bag of whatever I need (I will use the beans for two or three meals that week), and then soak overnight and then cook on low all day (used in hummus, black bean soup, minestrone, I even have a GREAT black bean brownie recipe, and yes, they are amazing!)
Last, I really like the simple chicken breasts, taco seasoning and chicken broth, cook on low all day, and shred chicken a few minutes before serving and put back in the sauce. Can be used for tacos, casseroles, soup, or just eaten as is!
Carne Guisada
3 lbs stew meat
1/4 c flour
1/4 c chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cup beef broth
Mix all ingredients except broth in a slow cooker. Add broth to cover mixture and cook until tender. serve in tortillas or on bread.
Your kitchen must be smelling yummy these days with all that wonderful sounding food you and Leighton have been cooking. I do not use my crockpot very often. It is good for soups, however. Only a week now til we see you! I am so anxious to love on those little girls.
crockpots are magic. i haven't busted it out this season for some reason which is really dumb.
I made a chicken and dumplin recipe from pinterest that was honestly, the easiest thing I've EVER made. Dave loved it. I have it pinned. Love you and your amazing recipes, Pinterest!
Post a Comment